Saturday 28 January 2012

Something (extra) for the weekend

Seeing as the blog has been a bit quiet I thought i would add a few shots that had been uploaded on Facebook etc so that you have it all here in one place.

So check these out


Firstly the hawk shots. I took these really soon after buying my D700. I have it in the bag with me everyday and that day was a perfect reason why. This beauty was loitering outside a loading bay down the back of some bins, casually having lunch. It was not at all fussed by anyone of who were watching it. It has no tags on its legs and seem like a wild hawk. In the middle of the westend..... go figure.





(these shots totally sold me on my D700 and they are the reason I love it so. They are shot at 9000iso on a 135mm lens. The lack of noise is pure beauty)


Another example of why I always carry the camera, even if some days it kills my shoulder completely. The rain storm was in the east and the sun was shining bright as it started to dip in the west. I havnt burnt out the lower buildings. They were left in the dark due to the low sun and the white tower just stood out amongst them. Not sure how much gold was in there though.




In The Shadow Of A Giant :
 I Found this funny little ice cream van lurking on a dirty corner of New Oxford St. Something about its stubby, stunted size and dimensions caught my eye and Centre Point towering over it seems to shrink it even further.





Now this is nothing personal against the inhabitants of Wapping but 
1. I hate it because getting delivers there sucks. Its way off the circuit and a pain to get to. Guaranteed time waster.
2. It just dose not look very appealing to me as somewhere to live, a forgotten lump on the bottom of the East-end (sorry)
So when I saw this bench it made me giggle. A visual description of my view I guess
Sorry if I'v just lost a bunch of readers from Wapping ;)




The local bike polo players have adopted the football pitch in out local park on the weekends. One weekend however the mist was seriously think and hung around way into the afternoon. I took the kids out to have some fun and found this lone solider. As they used to say on Record Breakers, Dedications what you need.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Criticise, Love