Friday 15 March 2013

Pic of the Week 15.3.13

Not one from the archives today, something fresh off the boat instead.
WHOOP WHOOP!!!

As (I very much hope) you all know, the new website is up and running and if you have also been following my Twitter account you will have seen me quietly weeping about having to write an 'about' page.
Now, I'm not the greatest writer out there by far but when I really sit down and go for it, I can eventually end up with something I'm half proud of. Add to the mix a few very helpful friends and family and, well folks, it's almost finished.

Right let's get to the point of the post. An about page (and a website in general) needs a self portrait. A photographers webpage needs a GOOD self portrait. I mean, your a photographer, you take photo's and ask to be paid for it, you should at least be able to take one of your self right. I must say I do get a bit "really?" when I see a bad self portrait/mug, sorry, head shot being used by a photographer. A good simple headshot, fine, but a bad one? Maybe there is a reason behind it, and if they want to explain their theory about it then I am all ears, but for me thats a big no no. So this week has been spent plotting, planning testing and shooting my self portrait.
I don't want to say too much as I think I may do an extended blog post on this very soon. At least I will if I get enough comments, requests, likes, shares or a big bag of money will do actually.
So get clicking! And don't forget the Google +1 button folks.

Here is the image that is actually live on the 'Contact' page now. I have a hand full of versions that I like so maybe I will up them all in the next post for you to pick your favourite. There is also a simple portrait shot that will be going on the 'About' page once the text is finished but for now I'm going to go with the main prize.

Oh, and I better mention my lovely assistant Delphina, for helping out with the shooting again. :) Thank you x
Go and check out her instagram if your on there @phinaface. Ah what the hell, check me out while your at it @12clicksaway.

Aaaaaaaaanyway......... enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Criticise, Love